Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In and out and about


One of the things I love best about the virtual world Second Life is the people I meet from around the globe and the opportunities that arise from our paths crossing. A friend I made in world, named Juanita Duharo, is an Australian who owns a book publishing company in SL. We met when her company sponsored a virtual book design competition with the University of Western Australia, who also has a presence in world. She was kind enough to visit my recent exhibition of paintings "The Ceremony Trees" at the Angel of the Mysts gallery. She then wrote a little bit about it in her blog, Virtual Treeline. When things like this happen, I realize the cycle is complete. I brought my paintings in to Second Life to exhibit, someone from the other side of the planet saw it and wrote about it in her blog, bringing the exhibition back out in to the real world via a blog site and now people on the other side of the world have met me. It's not just a game, my friends!

1 comment:

Juanita Deharo said...

It's a lovely thought isn't it? And what becomes evident to me is that across the world we share common thoughts and concerns for the environment.