Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bringing Real Life Painting to the Virtual World

I'm excited and I'm nervous! Saturday morning (Feb 6) I'll be teaching the first of 4 painting seminars in Second Life. To my knowledge this is the first class of this kind to be offered in this virtual medium. I'll start with a general overview of how I put a landscape painting together and then move on to specifics such as composition & structure and color theory. What's exciting is that because there won't be any actual hands on painting being done, my friend at Snowcrash Digital has created very specific tools for me to use in demonstrating different methods of composition and color theory, designed specifically for the virtual experience! So not only will the students learn how to paint, but the teacher will learn how to work in a virtual environment. Living in 2 dimensions... I love it! Ha!

No comments: