Friday, January 15, 2010

So how can I have two lives?


I got involved in Second Life after reading an article about an artist in the Boston area who used it as a marketing tool for his work. What I discovered was a world of opportunity for visual artists to share their art with the world. Unlike a website or blog, which are both great but static, this virtual world allows me to meet you, talk with you, personally take you to my galleries.... and allows you to get to know me and what I have been trying to accomplish through my painting.

It is at times hilarious, it is at times bizarre (EVERYTHING you see in SL is straight out of someone's imagination) but it is ALWAYS intriguing. Most importantly, it is the future.

I have 2 galleries (The Aries Gallery SG and The Aries Gallery STNY). I also exhibit my paintings at special exhibitions around the world. I will be teaching a real life painting workshop in February as well. All this to the global market from the comfort of my mountaintop studio. My work has always been about connections, so it only follows that the connections I am able to make through this virtual world is in complete keeping with my vision.

Life is good.


No comments: