Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family painting projects


As an artist who also teaches painting workshops and team building painting projectsat my studio in eastern Puerto Rico, I invited the owners of two area guest houses to come visit my studio and participate in one of the painting projects that I have tailored to families, couples and small groups coming to Puerto Rico. Not only are my projects unique ways to spend quality, creative time with loved ones, but they're wonderful activities for rainy days in the tropics or sunshiny days as well!

Ray and Gwenn came from their guest house, Coquis Hideaway and Wally and Marina came from their guest house Villa Sevilla. Both guest houses are an easy drive from my studio, and are also located up in the mountains of eastern Puerto Rico, not far from El Yunque and the Caribbean National Rainforest. They're guests are welcome at my studio to take classes, work together on group painting projects or simply enjoy the collection of original paintings and fine art prints that I have here for sale.

The picture you see here is one my friends created together from my "Be Me/Be We" project. I provide all of the materials (water media) and everyone just gets to play with paint. This activity is really just about releasing your creative spirit and doing so with family and loved ones. The result is always a fun, free, spontaneous abstract painting that I mat for you and you get to take home as a unique momento of your time spent here in the Caribbean.

It's a blast!

No comments: