Monday, October 13, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away


Lot's more rain comin' this way. We had around 30" just a few weeks ago and now we've got another storm headed in our direction. I'm happy that I live up high but worry about mudslides. Every place we choose to live is a trade off, I guess. Californias are fighting fires, Oklahomans fight tornadoes, we fight tropical storms.... at least it's not snow!


I can remember the day I made my decision to leave upstate New York. It was an April morning, theoretically SPRINGTIME and I was trying to chop my way through a layer of ice on my car so I could get the key in to the door lock. It was still dark and I was wet and frozen with sleet and something told me that in another life, I didn't live like this. By May I was living in Key West.


Now I'm even further south and waiting for more rain. Sigh. It will be a good week to stay inside at my easel and get some work done.


All is right with the world.

No comments: