Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hurricane Relief


Omar be gone! We made it through the storm unscathed thanks to a last minute shift in direction of Hurricane Omar. Like threading a needle, the center of the storm passed between the islands here in the northeast Caribbean and we all came through with little damage. Yahoo!


This was actually a good dry run for me. Usually I'm little Miss Civil Defense, starting my initial hurricane preparedness at the very beginning of each season. The last couple of years I've gotten lazy though and when I went to do things to prepare for Omar, I discovered issues like stuck and loose hurricane panels. Ack! If this had been a serious storm I would have been seriously screwed!!! So I'm grateful for the warning.


I'm a firm believer in signs. We get them all the time. We just don't read them. Omar was a sign. Lemmee go get my glasses.

No comments: