Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Place Award


I am thrilled to announce that my painting "Metamorphosis" was awarded First Place in Galeria Fusion Islena's collaborative exhibition with Puerto Rico's East End Art Guild. The purpose of the exhibition, titled "Simbiosis" was to meld the artistic efforts of the Art Guild with those of the gallery's. The Guild members, of which there are over 100, were asked to submit 2 pieces of work for consideration. The 28 chosen artworks were then displayed in an exhibition that opened in the gallery (located in the Centro de Bellas Artes in Caguas, PR) last Saturday evening, August 22.

The gallery owners asked leading members of Puerto Rico's art community to then award what they felt was the cream of the crop. I am so honored that they selected one of the 2 paintings I submitted for the top award.

This painting represents a new turn for me in my work is taking. It is a tremendous validation to receive such an honor at this point. It is a technique that I feel totally "at home" working in and to have it recognized affirms that I am heading in the right direction.

Life is good!

No comments: